Phak Prang is a nutritious vegetable that Thai people like to stir fry and make soup. In Japan, this vegetable is available from late summer to autumn under the Japanese name Tsurumurasaki (ツルムラサキ). health benefits and how to eat broccoli in Japanese style
Vegetables and their nutritional value
Tsurumurasaki, or Malabar spinach, is a dark green leafy vegetable. It has purple and green stalks. (Nowadays, it is easier to find vegetables with green stalks than purple stalks). When cooked, it looks viscous and has a slight green smell. Tsurumurasaki has the following nutrient values UFABET:
- Beta-carotene , which will be converted to vitamin A in the body. Useful in helping to nourish the eyes and help maintain the strength of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Vitamin C , which is an essential vitamin for the production of collagen, which is an important component of the skin and helps strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Calcium , which helps strengthen bones and teeth and help prevent osteoporosis
- Magnesium , a mineral that plays an important role in the functioning of more than 300 enzymes in the body and the functioning of nerves and muscles.
- Mucin, a mucilage found in cassava and okra This substance strengthens the stomach wall and the body’s immunity.
In addition, the vitamin C and beta-carotene that are abundant in this vegetable act as antioxidants. As a result, it slows down aging and helps prevent diseases caused by daily life such as high blood pressure and heart disease. There are also studies that have found that beta-carotene has the effect of preventing oral cancer. Tsurumurasaki, a vegetable rich in beta-carotene It is one of the vegetables that Japanese people believe can help prevent cancer.
Japanese way of eating tsurumurasaki or spinach
Japanese people commonly eat spinach as follows:
Japanese Spicy Salad or Ohitachi
There is a simple method Just take the spinach, separate the leaves and stems and boil separately in boiling water. By adding the stalks to boil for about 2 minutes, then add the leaves to boil for about 1 minute, rinse with cold water. Squeeze out a small amount of water before adding to the mentsuyu or soy sauce mixture and adding dried bonito.
Spinach miso soup is another popular dish among Japanese people. Miso works well to reduce the bitter taste and greenish smell of spinach.
Stir-frying with oil helps your body absorb beta-carotene. into the body well
Tsurumurasaki, or spinach, is a delicious and very healthy vegetable. Our house is easy to find and buy. And it’s popular to bring it to boil and dip chili paste together. If you like Japanese cooking, do try it.